CHICAGO - Prior to tonight's game vs. Toronto, the Chicago White Sox made the following five roster moves:
- Placed OF Moises Sierra on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left oblique;
- Returned OF Avisail Garcia from his injury rehabilitation assignment at Class AAA Charlotte and reinstated him from the 60-day disabled list;
- Designated LHP Charlie Leesman for assignment;
- Placed RHP Javy Guerra on the Bereavement List;
- Recalled LHP Eric Surkamp from Charlotte.
Garcia, 23, who was placed on the disabled list on April 10 with a torn labrum in his left shoulder, hit .340 (17-40) with three doubles, one home run and three RBI in 13 games with the Knights on his rehab assignment. He is batting .267 (8-30) in eight games with the White Sox this season.
Sierra, 25, is batting .289 (33-114) with two home runs and seven RBI in 71 games with the Sox this season after being claimed off waivers from Toronto on May 3.
Surkamp, 26, went 1-0 with a 7.11 ERA (10 ER/12.2 IP), four holds and nine strikeouts over 20 relief appearances in his first stint with the White Sox from June 26-August 10. He is 3-5 with a 4.76 ERA (40 ER/75.2 IP) and 86 strikeouts in 16 games (11 starts) with the Knights this season.
Guerra, 28, is 1-3 with a 3.00 ERA (11 ER/33.0 IP), five holds and 32 strikeouts in 30 relief appearances with the White Sox this season. He is eligible for reinstatement on Tuesday, August 19.
Leesman, 27, has gone 2-6 with a 4.10 ERA (31 ER/68.0 IP) and 66 strikeouts in 14 games (12 starts) with the Knights in 2014.
With the moves, the White Sox 40-man roster is at 40.