Chicago, IL - Chicago White Sox ace, Jake Peavy, has teamed up with the Celebrities For Charity Foundation for the second consecutive year and today announced details of "Jake Peavy's Ultimate Country Music and Baseball Raffle" that will award one lucky winner a unique baseball and country music experience. Proceeds from the raffle will be benefit the Jake Peavy Foundation, with funds earmarked toward cancer research in memory of Jake's beloved grandmother, Dama Lolley, who lost her battle with cancer on January 14, 2013.
"We love the concept of a raffle because everyone has a chance to win great prizes and enjoy one of a kind experiences. Our hope is to raise as much money as we can for cancer research, and also shine a light on a situation so many suffer from. With everyone's help, we can find a cure and end all cancer," said Jake Peavy.
Tickets for the on-line raffle are available now at WhiteSox.com/Peavy. The raffle ends at 11:00 a.m. EST on Friday, June 14, 2103. Tickets cost $2.00 each, for a minimum purchase of five tickets, with discounts for purchases of ten or more tickets.
Jake Peavy's Ultimate Country Music & Baseball Raffle includes:
· 2 VIP tickets to "Jake Peavy & Friends Charity Jam" on Sunday, June 23, 2013 at the famed Joe's Bar on Weed Street in Chicago, IL which includes a private one- on- one meet and greet with Jake, VIP seating & a Jake Peavy signed guitar
· 2 VIP tickets to watch the Chicago White Sox take on the New York Mets on Tuesday, June 25, 2013 at U.S. Cellular Field in Chicago, IL
· Winner and one guest will join Jake Peavy on the field prior to the game to meet his teammates and watch batting practice
· Winner will receive one autographed Jake Peavy jersey and one baseball
- Winner will receive $500 for travel and other expenses (Winner is responsible for all travel arrangements)
- Winner will be awarded a cash prize in the amount of $498.75 to mitigate the Winner's tax liability that results from winning the raffle. This prize is withheld and paid, on behalf of the Winner, directly to the IRS ($420.00) and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts ($78.75).
About The Jake Peavy Foundation
The Jake Peavy Foundation is a 501(c)(3) national non-profit that supports groundbreaking research, essential life programs and activities to enrich lives and uplift spirits of children and families.
Follow Jake on Twitter @JakePeavy_44